Thursday, January 19, 2006

Interests/Passion Vs. Occupation

Haha, nothing to do now in sch. Wah piang wait for 6 hrs of break leh.. Can u imagine it? In the end i end up doing lots of quizs from quizfarm.com. Got this website from wei hong's blog. Ended up doing many of them but eventually chose 3 to publish in my blog.. =)

V happy with the quiz on Which is ur Perfect Major. As mentioned by wei hong in his blog, its easy to score dance as ur major as long as u answer Strongly agree to all those qtn regarding body movements. But what i m happy abt is not tt i scored dance for my Major. Nope, take a look at my other 'scorings'. The thing i m happy abt is tt i scored ties for 4 subjects, namely Dance, Theatre, Journalism, Psychology. Eventually when u score ties, the quiz will ask u one final qtn as a tie breaker. Of course, i chose the option which i know relates to dance. Hence, in a certain way, one may argue tt i mainipulated my own results. But tt is not e issue i m concerned with. The happy thing abt this quiz is tt I m now convinced tt I haf other career options in life. =)

FYI, Frenz reading this entry, I m going to be on Attachment to companies doing Accounting work soon. After a yr plus, I will be graduating and may be stuck with Acc work once & for all. Thus, it's really comforting to know tt actually there r other options in life. (Some readers by now may think tt i m childish juz basing my thots on an online quiz) Well, someday, u all may understand the tragedy when interests do not align with occupation.

At least aft i haf done this quiz, I am VERY SURE tt my interests lies in where I thot it would be. Which means I m not avoiding Acc juz becos my grades r poor, & tt I like those subjects mentioned above not becos I do well in them, but simply becos I haf a TRUE PASSION for them. Eg. I not doing any journalism at all in Uni, but I simply love writing essays & blogging entries. The happy thing I can say to myself is tt I m glad I HAF BEEN TRUE TO MYSELF all along; I didnt blame my poor grades on any external factors, I always know what i m doing, I go DI or NHDS not becos I didnt wanna study or act 'big boss' etc.

I did all i did simply becos I have interests & passion in what i chose to do.
Sometimes as we grow up, we might tend to lie to ourselves SUB-CONSCIOUSLY maybe to cover up for our failure, save our own ego etc. I m happy today becos I confirmed tt I didnt lie to myself or escape from reality sub-consciously... The feeling is juz so true & real. =)

Attachment coming soon, will last for 10 weeks from May to July, I still dunno whether I can get thru job interviews and in addition, deliver good results on-the-job or not... All attachment programs all seem so hard to me... =( I feel helpless in this kind of situations cos like in this quiz, I once again confirmed tt actually i dun belong to the Corporate Business Industry, I m not those 'everyday in Shenton Way CBD area trying to make more $$' kind of ppl.

Accountancy.........

End of Entry

No comments: