Thursday, December 11, 2008

ANYHOW ART 2008

Time is Dec-08. AHA 2008 has ended on 7-Dec-08. I had a super long journey this yr. It was a success but audience turnout was lower as compared to last yr. This yr turnout is abt 160+ ppl but last yr it was 200+.

This yr put up an item abt 8 dancers. This time the ppl who collaborated in this project were mostly from CCHY. Vanessa, Yiting, Vivian, Alpha, JK, Ron and lastly Xinyu & Ivy from NH. Supposedly, there were more NH grads joining in this dance. To the best i can recall; I was told Jeanette, Audrey, Qiaoyu, Joanna. Haha in the end due to schedule issues, they withdrew.

This yr it was quite an interesting event. The less than perfect thing is tt the CCHY dancers are a little inexperienced, but nvtheless hardworking. =)
One of the few things that struck me and left an impression in me was a few comments from some ppl as listed below.

Weiyang; Mentioned that the item was interesting with the Mario music and the structure of the item was fluid and smooth.

Michelle Tan; Haha this girl said she liked my item and it stood out from the rest of the items. =) Though cant really pinpoint why she liked my item, but nvtheless, it's always nice to know tt audience understands and like the item.

Zhenyu; Haha he mentioned tt my item was one of those with more distinct characteristics throughout the night. What i felt more interesting was tt he once mentioned: 一看这个Dance 就知道是Zhongyi 的作品, Zhongyi 的style.

Jinghui; This girl from NHDS said the same thing as Zhenyu above on the v same night of the perf. She juz said: 1 look at the dance, u know its Zhongyi's choreography. =)

Well, these are the few comments that left an impression on me tt night. Hope every1 who watched/ participated in my item enjoyed it, u ppl are great. =) Its a pleasure working with u ppl. Its a super long journey, Im kinda drained now and the peak for my job is coming back again, so im like a bit sian....


Being Production Manager for AHA 2008 was not easy. Gotta coordinate among all the diff various dance troupes requirements. Each different dance troupe got their own requests/ pattern, i still gotta consolidate and work them out (on top of which i haf my own item to tc of...) It was an enriching exp but super tiring la....

For the ppl who haf helped/ supported me throughout this difficult period, thank u so much. Couldnt haf done it w/o u all. For e 8 dancers who danced my item, thank u so much, w/o u ppl, the item wouldnt be able to be presented to the audience in the 1st place. For audience who like my item, thank u so much, it makes me more motivated to continue in the creation of danceworks =)

With much thanx & appreciation

No comments: