Thursday, December 23, 2010

Anyhow ARTS 2010 (Part 2)

Thoughts on AHA overall in the past 5 yrs. I participated in the past 4 yrs n made an impact on some students, made some grew, some left, some still stagnant. Which exact yr was the 1 i enjoyed most?? Well, i sincerely dunno, n i dun even know how to rank them. Of cos i shldnt in e 1st place. Lets just recap my happy moments. =)

2007 - A relatively simple item but it was hassle free, the dancers Jun Cheng & Joanne were totally independent n can master what was given to them =)
Stress lvl - Zero. Disappointment lvl - Zero. Enjoyment lvl - High

2008 - A nice item n glad tt the students improved so much, literally to another level =)
Stress lvl - Close to Zero. Disappointment lvl - Zero. Enjoyment lvl - High

2009 - A nice item n get to work with wonderful ppl who practise v hard. V happy tt Joanne & Yiyang improved so much during this item, perhaps cos they 1st time working with me, so like wat he said earlier, the Gap super big. The Gap for Vanessa & Vivian not so big in this yr liao.
Stress lvl - High. Disappointment lvl - Ok. Enjoyment lvl - High

2010 - A new challenge to work with TOTALLY new additions to the team, which made me doubt my 眼光. Really gotta look more carefully next time. Overall Happy cos Si Qi joined e team, 1st time working with her, a v pleasant experience. Happy becos Siqi & Vanessa tried out e piano precision part; allowed me to play e choreography for e 1st time with such music. (Didnt dare to try out this type of things at all with previous yrs' cast) Unhappy cos some Dancers left, n becos the remaining dancers mostly remained at the same lvl, didnt improve.

Stress lvl - High till I give up, just told them to enjoy themselves, didnt dare to put expectations.
Disappointment lvl - Similar as above.
Enjoyment lvl - Low (So Low tt I didnt come out for Curtain call, only enjoyed during post-concert Supper time, Diaozz......)


SO Honestly, I dunno did i succeed as an instructor in grooming new talent? As a choreographer I definitely learnt alot more n learnt much much more how to work with students. But tt is my personal development, in terms of helping Dance Inspiration, I dunno did i make any results at all... Sigh... It's over anw, so I shall move on... Look forward to the next DI production. =)

CHEERS TO ALL MY MEMORIES OF AHA!!!!!!

END

No comments: