Wednesday, June 15, 2011

U.N.I 2011 - Production evaluation

Time is June 2011. U.N.I 2011 has just ended on 10 & 12 Jun 2011 at PA Black Box Studio, with a total audienceship of 240 pax, rather close to my estimation. With a total working crew (includ dancers) of abt 50 pax, i wonder if the production can be considered a success.

The interesting issue here is, Ever since I was "unplugged" by Jeff Chen back in 2004/05, I nv go to Sch productions anymore. On 30 May, I decided to go for 1 with Vanessa n it was an interesting night for us. Both of us agreed that "Heng ah, Lucky we came to watch a production tt is so near our own date of perf, so tt we can really experience e grd n abosrb alot alot more learning points w/o banging the wall....". =p

So, based on the audienceship of say 1000 pax, a working committe crew of 40 pax, plus 3 CCAs worth of dancers, I sincerely wonder which Project yielded a better return in terms of working capital investment. Comparing both projects, which one wld haf given a better yield?

It wld deinitely been better for DI to stage 3 shows instead of 2. If it staged all the way from Fri-Sun, I believed this proj wld be a better yield in terms of working capital return.

This Journey was definitely a tiring one. I pushed for it to go thru, w/o the cooperation of many; There r some leeches always hindering e progress of e project. Somehow, these ppl really dun understand. They behave like leech n just wanna hop on the bandwidth of the project n yet nv contribute. =( Sianz...

Im personally a little glad tt this proj pulled thru n I think there r some success points in this whole proj.
1) We injected new energy into the Space in Obox. Previously no one wld take it as a performing space, but we r now the precedent who energized the space.
2) We knew our limits, strengths, weaknesses; We targeted a reasonable amt of audience of the correct audience grp
3) We re-introduced the Idea of U.N.I to the new batch of young ppl. Hopefully it will spark off more proj & interests in e future
4) We completed the proj Fast & Furious (within 4 mths), w/o all the procrastination

Well, Wat im really displeased abt this proj wld be the audienceship honestly. Ideally, I would hope in future, we can charge up a total audienceship of 450-500 pax over 3 shows.

As for the unhappy parts during this proj in DI, I guess it cant really be changed since the working culture there is lidat n there's ppl always there to disrupt the working process flow, guess I can only face it n yet complain abt it every single proj lor. Perhaps till the leeches disappear ba... Shan't chock up this entry with more unhappy stuff...

Next up; U.N.I 2011 - Choreography evaluation =)

No comments: