Monday, August 22, 2005

Dance, Performing Arts is My Life?

Time is 2005, my 2nd yr in NTU Acc. Life has been tough recently, other than busy with sch work, Modern Jazz, still got Theatre Practise Rehearsals, which r a killer. Rehearse till 11 pm, reach home no need do work liao... Lagging behind in my studies..

Actually i am seriously very surprised typing this entry. I remember tagging on my own tagboard saying tt: Anyone wanna/ need to put up a perf lately cos i got lots of ideas recently? It's really true, I somehow realized tt subconsciously maybe i cant live w/o dance liao... I oso dunno what happen to me. Actually, it is more of an ECA to me liao, as compared to the past.. I realized recently whenever i am tighted down by work & i get v stressed & frustrated, i end up choreographing dance works. Yes, The reason y i have so many ideas recently, ironically is becos my studies are really too much liao... There is so much work in school, so many readings, so little time, & the ironic thing is tt I managed to choreograph dance works in such a situation? M I mad or what?

The logical/ rational reason i can think of is tt Dance maybe to me, is no longer just an ECA, it is a form of stress relieve for me liao... Maybe put it selfishly, i go back NHDS, even if i dun do anything, I oso feel more at ease & more relaxed - As compared to going home & study/ face the 4 walls. Maybe doing choreography relieves my stress, i oso not sure...

I m juz shocked by myself tt i managed to come up with so many ideas in the past 3 weeks... Some of them belong to E-sphere of dance, some belong to A-sphere. Wah lau, last time think till head crack oso cant get 1 idea, now i haf so many of them... Overflow ah... I shall list them down, next time no ideas liao can come back to refer this entry.. They are: Maksim 2 pieces, H.O.T Outside Castle + I Yah, OP.T + Enter the dragon, Woo Hyuk Do or Die, Rain It's Raining, Black Beat Dangerous, Don't Phunk with my Heart, Ciara Hotline, Multi Shinhwa tracks etc.

Actually i now wish to do lots of dance-related things.. Was honestly quite surprised tt got ppl in this current NHDS interested in dance choreography. Haha, was quite consoling to know tt Juncheng & Wei Hong they all so enthu to participate/ org a workshop for this. Actually this phenomenon muz thank Sam. He org the leadership workshop so successfully, it gave me an idea of going back to NHDS once again to help out. Honestly, i feel tt i know lots of things the students now dunno lah( w.r.t dance) so actually i wish to teach them all i know.. I dont wish to keep all these things i know cos eventually when i leave, there is no continuation, so whats the pt? Knowledge passed on then is useful.. I can actually understand now why old ppl such as my dad is so naggy sometimes & keeps repeating their life stories. Becos there is really so much knowledge in it, as long as I go ask, i can find out lots of interesting things. I find tt i really getting old liao, cos i really got this mentality now, the eager urge to pass on whatever i know, like as if i gonna die tml like tt =p My best ideal is really we got 1 day, can got many many of us Ex-NHDS Dancers go back to NHDS one day during Dance camp, & sit down talk cock.. Imagine got stay overnight in sch, then we grads can sit in Canteen/ wherever & talk till morning.. Go 7-Eleven buy drinks come back oso good... Got car laggy better, drive ard den come back again.. Sigh, Dunno whether this day will come or not... Getting crappy liao...

I think this batch of 1989's quite interesting.. I sincerely feel they unique in their own ways lah, & looking at their immediate juniors, i feel tt they r even better.. I mean, it's true & i m not sacarstic. U put good & poor side by side, Good will appear even Better. It's natural. It would be best if i could groom a whole big bunch of independent students in this batch.

Current Status: Getting Mad as the dayz pass by; Realize what role Dance is playing in my life; realize i getting old; sudden urge to on-pass whatever F*** I know...

End of Entry

No comments: