Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lao Jiu the Musical (Part 2/4)

Well, this part i would like to enter my personal thoughts abt my life after participating in Lao Jiu.

I find myself so similar to the role of Lao Jiu and tt i face similar consequences regarding my decision. But well, right up till now, i dun haf the courage to decide yes, i go dance full time. Nope, i haf not. In fact, i may feel tt i dun even haf the capability to do tt. After all, i not like Connie who since young has been learning dancing etc. I dun think i m up to mark yet. Okie, this is the technical aspect, i dunno good enough or not.

Next, is the aspect of stable income. Actually Arts can oso haf stable income one. 1 good example is Mr Low. Others would be Drama Troupes like Wild Rice, TheatreWorks etc. All can make $$. It depends on how u do it, do u spend extravagently on every single production? So the stability comes from Sourcing. If u haf a great network of contacts, u can get jobs relatively easy, in such a way, income is considered rather stable. I dare say at least 4 a yr.

Next, is the aspect of Reality. Honestly, passion matters alot but it doesn't decide Everything. Life is not a bed of roses. I taught in Tanglin for a yr so far, i realized it's really damn hard. Wanna impart my skills to them, but they mostly not interested. Interested ones, not hardworking enough, learn a bit den give up... Sigh... Moreover, Life is harsh. If i wanna go full time i would haf to think of ways to up my profile, these may include winning in dance competitions etc. But reality is: in these competitions such as Funkamania, Anti-Drug etc, newcomers usually dun win no matter how gd u r. I dun think u even make it thru the audition. It is the regular customers tt choreograph & participate who win. So all in all, Reality bites.

So basically, its oso not tt easy to be like Lao Jiu, say decide den decide. U may haf to be like him, embark on a lonely journey w/o anyone beside u. And just like the ending of the drama, u dunno what lies in the future, there is uncertainty....

No comments: