Friday, December 25, 2009

Anyhow Arts 2009

YES!!! Time is 25 Dec 2009, Anyhow Arts 2009 has ended on 19 / 20 Dec at PA. This yr was a shiong yr. I did the programming all by myself, programme booklet with Zixiang, ticketing by myself, and I choreo 2 items, more than the usual. I even have to source for new concepts. I brought in a guitar duet this year, Genin & Chun Yong. 1 comment---> super shiong...


But now tt its over, Im really happy =) Special thanks here to Xi Ying Lao Shi & Mr Low, my 2 beloved teachers who have guided me and gave me so much room to grow. This year I was invited by Xi Ying Lao Shi to choreo a dance for the Southern Arts Society dance troupe. Thank you Xi Ying Lao Shi for giving me this opportunity. =) Then as usual, I choreo 1 dance for DI members, those who are willing to work with me, those who answered my Facebook "call" for dancers.



This year, my item is lyrical hip hop using Bleeding Love, with some other segments in between. Thanks to the dancers who danced in my item, Yiyang, Celia, Alyssa, Yueli, Peixuan, Yi Song, Joanne (who joined last min --- Haha, but still glad u could make it), and my last 2 dancers from previous year, Vanessa & Vivian. Thank you for your hard work, hope u all like the item, there's alot of details in the choreography to try to match every single word of the song. I hope u guys or even the audience was able to appreciate the beauty of this compatible matching choreography.



My item for Southern Arts is on Beauty. I picked up the idea from Perfect Cut, Channel U drama, and let the girls dance to the theme song by Shi Xin Hui. The dance piece is abt Beauty, Self-confidence, and other people's view / gaze.... To match to the meaning of the song, I had Hui wen wearing a mask, signifying her inferior complex, different from the norm of "Beauty" in society's eyes. Then there was this part where every1 freezed, and she walked ard them in envy, hoping to be like them. Then I added 1 part of lifting (which the audience is free to interpret in anyway), and ended off with Hui Wen taking off the Mask, and dancing again. This time, with her real appearance, and I used sign languages in the choreography, hoping to bring out a silent msg to the audience.

As per my dance synopsis; What is beauty? Self-confidence is then a Lady's best accessories. Beauty is decided by the Society, and any1 can nv catch up with Society's view of beauty. In ancient Greece, Ladies who are overweight & plump are considered beauty. In today's society, the hour-glass shape tt a lady shld haf is simply a norm set by society. Thus, beauty is nv ever defined. Self-confidence is then the best accessory any lady can have.


Well, for this year's AHA, my personal opinion what would be e best dance of e night would be tt dance by Crescent Girls dancers, dancing to Lao Shi's item. It was really well-choreo, and v site specific. It matched the evening, the ambience, the lighting. It was simply beautiful, practically Art in Motion. Saw alot of photographers taking photos during the dance, I guess the visual image of the dancers within the surrounding background is really a captivating image to capture.
Well done Girls.....=) Impressive is the word....

Next, as for my item, Love like Dust, Thank you the 9 dancers who danced in this item. I sincerely hope tt it was a nice collaboration and u all loved this item. Tt would be my most ultimate objective. =) Dance education is aft all what im looking at all along....

This year, Im really happy that I did so much, worked with so many diff ppl, and see so many new faces. I even managed to feature Genin & ChunYong for the pre-show segment, and many told me tt it was a good move to bring music into AHA 2009, giving it a new lease of life =).

Once again, Thank you Yiyang, Celia, Alyssa, Yueli, Peixuan, Yi Song, Joanne, Vanessa & Vivian. Like I said tt day, U guys did a great job and really Love u ppl. Esp the last encore dance for Yiyang w/o the audience, i think u all suddenly become stress-free and danced so well. Thank you Xi Ying Lao Shi, Mr Low for the wonderful opportunities.
To every1 who has worked along / with me for AHA 2009, thank you so much, you have given me memories to take along with when I grow old...


Zhongyi is still the same old Zhongyi.
This year marks the 10th anniversary since I graduated from NHSS.

No comments: