Saturday, June 25, 2005

Change


This entry is done when i encountered this issue on 24 June'05, It's 2005, i am 21, in NTU Acc yr 2.. Scenario: My status is now NTU student, v interested in dancing, now oso an instructor teaching in Tanglin due to recommendations of Mr Low. So due to certain circumstances, i got involved in NKF Cancer Fund perf.. It's gonna be perf'ed on 3 July, which is next week actually.. This is a collaboration betw Tanglin Dance Ensemble which is the ECA under Mr Low lah, & D.I, which comprises of Kai Wei, Connie, Angeline, & the usual ppl lah plus Crescent Girls dancers too.. Perf content: Wushu kinda of dance steps plus lion dance drums make music, so no music, only drum beats make e music lah...

So u can imagine this grp dancing is so-called v young right? Guys only got me, Kai wei, Hann Bin, Kenrick, Yong Xuan n Roy.
What is so diff abt this entry is i m gonna blog abt this diff grp of young ppl...
Recall to scenario: not much time is left, so today Mr Low teach dance steps damn fast, music oso teach fast, do everything oso fast lah...

But Kai wei & the rest of the guys can beat the drums & what confuses me is Mr Low arrange me & Roy go join the rest of the girls in doing the dance steps leh?
Resulting thought in my mind( oso y i muz blog this entry 4 future reference) : Y this arrangement? dun understand... I dun haf any hard feelings abt it, but is state of confusion...

Kai wei & rest is so-called make-music personnel while me & Roy join rest of gals in the dance part.. Y like tt? Not odd meh, i mean even in formation it looks odd to me... Is really odd lah...
Muz really ask Mr Low how he come to this arrangement one? But i surely ask aft perf, not anytime b4... I dun want him to misunderstand, later thot i got hard feelings... Professional dancer muz accept wat is being choreographed by choreographer..

So me & Roy dance together with all the girls including Connie, Angeline etc. So the elder ones r us lah, so tt's brings the pt of this entry...

Dancing with new bunch of youngsters.. Today's topic: Change

Change is unavoidable in life, so aft been thru dancing wif so many diff ppl, i dun mind changes as in i dun reject them, aft all, u cant siam one lah, change will be there one...
But change oso muz haf limit, if fundamentals r given up, den u lose ur character/speciality or whatever..
Mr Low all along haf coached out dancers who r passionate abt dance, haf responsibilty, got take care of others etc, those ppl like Sam, Zhenyu, Daryl they all turn out to be one lah...

So now the thing is dancing with this new bunch of youngsters ah, they cant even compare to previous 'new batches' whom i encountered b4, eg. Thresa, Hui Ting tt batch..
What i mean by compare is in terms of seriousness... Recall scenario: Mr Low running out of time, teach things so fast liao, time is pressing, perf is next week, can every1 juz be like more serious & get things done? Wah, this batch of new youngsters huh, really like playing the whole night, i dunno wat to say... The standard they r showing i dunno wat to say: pls lah, NKF leh, Tele boardcast u give this type of standard, i really dun dare to think abt it.... N i m really sad...
Cos this kind of perf with such high publicity will affect Mr Low's reputation one leh.... Whoever is reading my entry, pls think abt this lah....

Why this topic abt change, becos if this is the way D.I. is geared towards, i dunno when i can meet more passionate dancers such as those from Wu Ju3.... I may be nv able to dance to my fullest anymore in D.I. liao...

Whoever knew me in the past when i was a NHSS dancer, & still know me & in contact now & is reading this entry, u should know how long ago i nv haf the chance to display my fullest liao..... Seriously lah, u think those community centre perf when D.I put up Wushu, i dance with NHDS juniors, i can put in fullest meh? If i put in fullest, tt whole piece of dance will dunno like wat? Super high level of standard deviation & high Variance? i dun wanna think abt it....

Change is really unavoidable, i m penning down this entry is becos if D.I is changing like tt with new batches of dancers, I m really v sad... Really... why? Coz i really wish to perf 1 day in the Esplandae Theatre, if this carries on, i m only drifting further away only, in the end, i will only end up with regrets.... No opportunity to set foot on stage of Esplanade is really 1 of my regrets in life... Yes, i know even if D.I is doing well, Mr Low oso wont go there perf unless invited cos cost of renting too ex, Precisely tt is y muz put up good perf everytime to increase publicity, hopefully can get invited... Once there is invitation, given Mr Low's personality, he usually wont reject one, eg. Wu Ju3 was an invited collaboration ah....


Okie lah, enough of all these... I actually know my wish wont come true but pen this entry down, next time when i refer to it, I'll juz be reminded of 1 of my regrets in life....

1 comment:

Shinmywings said...

aiya...relac la...muz maintain balance...haha...erm...as for the change rite...erm...i guess dere is nth muc we can do realli...juz hope tt sth hit deir head n wake dem up...unless u realli go down to 1 on 1 lvl n use dam a lot of time to enlighten dem...wich wld lik take forever...n not everyone wld listen one...so...ya la...well take care...