Wednesday, July 06, 2005

NHSS Dance Society - My ECA

This entry is entered in July'05. Whatever happens is up to this date... If u read this again some years later 4 recalling ur memories, the situation might be different liao, it may turn 4 the better/worse, but juz recall the current situation at that point of time..

July 2005 is NHSS 88th anniversary, so Mr Low re-enacted some old dances for this celebration concert. (PM Lee as the GOH) The dances he choreographed had lots of differences from the original version, one of them was my graduating dance, SYF 1999 - Forging Ahead aka Red Ants. This dance which had part of my works in it is being re-choreographed for my juniors in NHSS to dance. So the current version of this dance is already quite diff from e original one... I wont say totally diff, but the diff is rather significant.. I shall address this issue on Forging Ahead later in next entry again..

NHSS Dance was my ECA during my sch dayz, i learnt so much tt i became like 'indebted' to this society, i wish to try my v best to uphold/retain the standard tt once built the reputation in the SYF dance arena.. All along ever since Mr Low introduced NHDS history to me, i haf known tt NH built its reputation from scratch & the credit seriously goes to Mr Low.. He built it from scratch cos b4 tt, NH nv got many gold medals b4... The reputation was built over some time (i dunno how long) but it shocked the SYF arena in 1993 & 1995.. The items put up by NH contained lots of fresh ideas tt other choreographers nv thought of.. In 1995, NH got 3 gold for SYF, thereby establishing the reputation & in my own opinion-the golden era..
However, till today, NHDS has changed so much, the golden era is no more, what lies behind in the future, in my opinion, is a series of downslopes.. Unless the future batches can do something, i dunno what will e picture be like...
Why do i say tt NHDS is going downslope? Becos apart from non-dance reasons such as introduction of politics etc, alot of juniors r learning the wrong things.. Then when graduates like myself tell them they r wrong, they refuse to change.. Whether is attitude unhappy or is becos they just dun get used to change (reason to me is not impt, bottomline is they juz nv change).. Well, in my opinion, change in this world is inevitable, muz learn how to accept changes, if not we will get abandoned by the world... I mean if a person is so relunctant to change from using Word Perfect to Microcosft Word, then he will be left behind cos the entire world is changing... So why so relunctant?
But anyway, becos things r really wrong, & they dun change, things go the wrong way & progress in the wrong direction, it juz gets out of hand...

When this continues, the changes become irreversible.. In my opinion, due to the hard work of Sam in influencing Wei Hong's batch, i managed to reverse a little changes here & there esp in 2005.. Cos they r more open to changes... They do acknowledge tt what they haf learnt might be wrong, hence the effort to change.. But honestly, unless someone out there undertakes my knowledge & carries on passing it down, i m v sad to know tt juniors r learning the wrong things & yet think tt they r correct.. Honestly, in my opinion, the credit is not mine but Sam's.. Why? Simple, cos though i haf the knowledge, it's he who made e receiptants accept my imparts with an open mind, & most of all, carry them out.. Though Daryl & Jie Yim's influencing batch may oso accept wat i say, they seldom carry it out...

Actually it takes 2 hands to clap, if i were to judge myself how did Daryl, Sam & myself plus all grads fare in helping out NHDS in SYF 2005, i would say quite nicely done.. Why? Becos i sincerely feel tt having to know them was an interesting thing to happen to me.. The way we work together complements our own weakness & gets a job done bit by bit... I mean if i were the bad guy scolding them, Sam/ Daryl will be the ones explaining to them e reasons, which appeases their anger.. Making them more receiptive to my comments.. So actually grads haf to be organised as well if they wish to help NHDS effectively... But i guess aft 2005, we will no more be in this, i hope some1 takes over our job...

I dare say here: Why dun these juniors listen to what i haf been imparting? Why do i sound so confident tt whatever i haf learnt is correct? Becos i m some1 who accepted changes in my sec sch dayz... My actions/whatsoever were corrected by Mr Low & many other seniors plus it went thru numerous rds of confirmation with Mr Low... Apart from tt, the actions i now display fits the logic of dance/ wu shu/ body motion.. This is impt: in dance/ wu shu or other body motions, every movement should fit their respective logics..

So honestly, unless things change 4 the better with them having a more open mind, more enthu, more willing to learn, i see a series of down slopes... Moreover i cant possibly be here forever helping out, its really time to pass the baton on, but who wishes to catch it? I seriously want to pass this on, but i doubt any1 is willing to catch it.. I m not setting any criteria, juz hoping tt this person has a heart to help NHDS prosper, tt's enough...

Though i so-called felt tt Wei Hong/ Jie Yim/ Yilong/ Yiting/ Juncheng/ Khoon hui etc can fit the job, they seem unable to fork out time to learn how to properly 'diao' the dance steps.. Plus not only muz learn the theories, still muz practical really go try it out on juniors and gain exp.. Yeah, & every1 so busy, time cant match... So yeah, what can i say?

Bottomline, NHDS seriously needs help b4 all the changes become irreversible...

End of Entry (part 1)

No comments: